Download Instructions For Pictures and Graphics
From Creations By Sally
Download instructions for that burning question "How do I get pictures to my computer?"
Here you will find easy to follow instructions. In no time you will be adding your favorite Creations by Sally to your desktop or computer. After that you can share them with friends and family.
The hardest thing you may find to do is picking the best one for your needs. I've grouped instructions into small sections. Choose the one that works best for you.
Download Instructions for Saving Pictures to Your computer
- Downloadable images have a clickable caption under them.
- Click this caption to open picture in a new window or tab (this varies depending on your browser settings)
- When the larger image appears you then rightclick the mouse.
- This gives you several options. Click on "save image as". (this may be different on your browser)
- Another window will open. The very top of this window should say "save picture".
- At the top of this window you see the words "save in". This tells you what folder your pictures will be saved in. The default is a folder called My Pictures. This folder is located in another folder called My Documents.
- Open My Pictures folder and you should see a small (thumbnail) of the picture you saved. You can now open this picture in any photo editor and print to share.
Many of the pictures on this site have been optimized so that you can use them as computer wallpaper. When you turn your computer on you see before you a few icons that link to programs you use frequently. The area behind these icons is called your computer desktop.
This desktop can be a plain color or you can add an image. This image or color is called your computer wallpaper. Below are step by step download instructions for saving images to your computer desktop as wallpaper.
Download Instructions to Save a Picture as Desktop Wallpaper
- First choose the wallpaper picture you like.
- Then double click on the link or caption below your chosen image.
- This opens a large image in a new tab or window. On the large image, right click your mouse.
- Click on "Save Picture As" (see steps 4 and 5 in instructions for saving the smaller pictures to your computer above)
- Just like in saving pictures to your computer above, be sure and notice where you are saving your picture to. Usually it is in My Pictures. Open this folder.
- Here you will see a small version of the picture you saved to your computer. Right click with your mouse on this small image.
- Choose "Set as Desktop Background"
- Enjoy your image each time you turn on your computer:) Repeat steps 1 thru 7 to change your image anytime.
What if you decide you no longer want any image on your desktop? No problem. This process is as easy as the download instructions you have just read.
How to Remove an Image from Your Desktop
- To remove the image from your desktop, right click your desktop.
- Choose "Properties" at the bottom of the list that pops up.
- Click on the "Desktop" tab.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see a list of images. The one that you have on your desktop right now will be highlighted. Click on the arrow to the right of this box and drag it to the top.
- Highlight the words"[None].
- Click on the "Apply" button in the bottom right corner of this window. The image on your desktop will immediately turn into a plain colored background.
- Click "ok" to close this display properties window.
This process will remove the image from that list. But it will still be in your "My Pictures" folder if you would like to put it back.
If you have any questions please feel free to Contact Us
A portion of all proceeds from this site are donated to St. Jude's. If you are looking for a place to give, I highly recommend this hospital. Your own personal donations may be made by clicking on this banner.